Authenticating using NetGuard
Your NetGuard card has a unique serial number, and grid of numbers and letters. You’ll be prompted to enter three randomly-selected coordinates from your NetGuard card. Only your own NetGuard card can provide the correct answers.
You can choose to use your NetGuard card each time you log in to Internet Banking, or only for particular actions like paying someone new. If you don’t want to log in using your NetGuard card every time, you can turn off two-step authentication at login.
If you prefer, you can authenticate using the BNZ app instead of NetGuard.
If you’re a business customer, you’ll need to know how to use NetGuard for business.
Keeping your NetGuard card secure
- Keep your card secure at all times.
- Don’t give your card to anyone else.
- Don’t scan, photocopy, or take photos of your card.
- We will never ask you for your card’s coordinates verbally, via text message, or email.
- We will never ask you for more than three coordinate values at a time.
- We will never ask you to upload an image of your card.