Getting conditional approval
A conditional home loan approval, sometimes referred to as ‘pre-approval’, is an agreement to lend you a certain amount of money for the purposes of buying a home, provided you meet the conditions the bank outlines. All conditional approvals come with conditions you’ll need to meet before the final approval is given to you.
The conditional approval process
- Find a property or decide on your price range.
- Apply for a conditional home loan approval.
- We’ll help you complete the application and give you a decision as soon as we can.
Information you’ll need to provide with your application
- Your earnings, i.e. a couple of recent consecutive pay slips for each applicant, or a copy of your employment contract or a letter from your employer.
- Your savings and savings history and your investments.
- Your assets, i.e. houses and vehicles.
- What you owe, i.e. any other loans or credit cards.
- If you’re self employed, your business’s last two annual financial account statements.
- If you are a new customer to BNZ (and have already opened an account), you’ll have to bring the appropriate identification along with your account statements covering three consecutive months, no older than six months from your current bank.
- If you intend to purchase an investment property, you’ll need a copy of the existing tenancy agreement or a rental appraisal from a local REINZ Real Estate Agency signed by the branch manager or the rental manager.